Sometimes, all it takes is the smallest luxury to turn your day around, doesn’t it?
- Freshly-washed sheets on my bed (which also means a freshly-made bed, aahhhhh)
- A new conditioner. My hair smells totally different so I feel like a new person.
- A toasty towel when I’m done showering (helps to have the dryer right next to the bathroom so I toss my towel and robe in the dryer right as I jump in the shower; then Bren, bless’m, grabs it for me as soon as hears me turn off the tap.)
- A toasty blanket! Same concept; I throw it in the dryer for a few minutes right before I settle down to watch a movie.
- My mascara of the moment (Maybelline the Colossal); it smells like roses.
- Fresh flowers in a pitcher on the dining table. My favourite at the moment? The inexpensive marigolds sold at the neighbourhood florist. There’s something humble but absolutely ravishing about them.
What are some of the little things that turn your frown upside down?